вторник, 2 февраля 2010 г.

Moscow Bus Tour


Recently me and my fellow class mates went on a bus tour of Moscow to look at some of the city's most famous sights and to look at attractions that might not be in your average tour guide. First we visited Red Square again, this time during the day when it was not so cold, and it was just as breathtaking as the first time we saw it. Next we hopped back on our tour bus and visited the Russian World War II memorial. I can say that this sight is easily one of the most amazing sights I have ever been to. As far as war memorials goes this one is easily the biggest and most grandeur that I have ever experienced. Once again we got back on our bus and drove over to Moscow city center. There we saw a theater where cats are trained as actors, a giant wine cork, and the main offices of the KGB. We also walked through a giant glass tunnel to look at Moscow's still developing financial district and that is where this picture of David, Isaac, and I takes place. All in all a very fun day and it was good to get out of the hostel for a while and explore Moscow.

1 комментарий:

  1. Joey, good posting. One of the many things that has always impressed me about the Russians is their value of those that fought for them in their wars. It seems that in almost every city (of any size) there is a beautiful war memorial. Another point that I really respect is how much they honor their veterans on May 9th, Victory Day, which you will get to see before you leave. Children walk from their schools in their classes to the local war memorial and take flowers (often tulips or daffodils) in pairs of two and place them on the graves of veterans. I believe it is so valuable to teach them at such an early age to honor those that paid the ultimate price for their country. Keep on Blogging! I enjoyed this one!

    ОтветитьУдалить