
This weekend we visited the Tretyakov Gallery, the state art gallery of Russia, which houses the finest collection of Russian fine art in the world. The gallery was enormous and in our two hours there I am sure we did not even see half of it. The art gallery I am most familiar with, the Museum of Fine Art Houston is almost the polar opposite of the Tretyakov Gallery. The gallery has a distinct fine art appeal and the rooms seem just like they were in the 1700s. Pictured is one of the masterpieces featured in the gallery, a portrait of one of my favorite authors: Fyodor Dostoevsky.
An aside: The trip to the gallery was the longest metro trips I have taken to date and each stop seemed like an art gallery itself. All stops on the metro have a unique and distinct feel, and they are all unique in their own way.
Hi Joey! I am so glad that you got to see the Tretyakov Gallery. It sounds alot like some of the muesums that I saw in Germany - old, old, and older.
ОтветитьУдалитьI thought that Tolstoy was your favorite though... Dostoevsky made a coup that I was unware of?? I'll let it slide for now...
Miss you a ton. Christine and I think it is funny that you have only been there a few weeks and already you are talking nuclear warfare ;) Speaking of warfare I picked out my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses on Saturday with mom and Christine. No banks were broken.
Love you,
Susan